You may be interested in upcoming events which are presented here in chronological order.
- A fund-raising concert for NASAA is to be held the Friday night, April 23, 7PM in the Milo Bail Student Center Ballroom. Doors open at 6:30. The performing duo, Indigie Femme, has their own separate facebook page, as well as a website http://www.indigiefemme.com/ On youtube.com, there are some video clips of them performing at previous events.
- The UNO Spring Pow Wow will be held the next day, Saturday, April 24. The grand entry is at noon. There will be drums and dancers, vendors and food. Come support the UNO ITSC, the UNO Native American Studies program, faculty and community members.
- The ITSC is looking for volunteers to come help set up and/or take down tables and other materials. Set up will be around 9-10AM and take down will be around 8:30PM. NASAA will have a table there and needs volunteers to take a turn for an hour or so to sit and share information about our alumni association and perhaps share their own personal experiences while attending UNO taking Native American Studies classes.
- There is to be a raffle at the Pow Wow. Tickets are $2/1 ticket and $5/3 tickets. There should be some available at our NASAA table. Tickets will be pulled throughout the day. Tickets should also be available on the night before at the Indigie Femme concert. Attached is a list of the prizes. You may notice there are a few items that are being held for auction at the Honor Indians website. Please go to http://honorindians.com/uno-pow-wow-2010 to look at the items and bid.
- And as you all know, if it's Spring, it's time for the UNO Native American Studies Spring Honoring Ceremony. This year it's being held Thursday, May 6, 2010, at 7:00 P.M. It will be in the Centennial Hall within the Thompson Alumni Center on the UNO Campus. Doors are usually open at least a half hour or so before the ceremony. There will be a Native Drum, a special Community Honoree and food, as well as the recognition and honoring of those students who have dedicated their time and energy to earn a minor degree in Native American Studies.
If you have facebook and have not yet joined the group, UNO NASAA, please come join and read what's happening.
Thanks for taking the time to read this. Hope to see you at any and/or all of the events.